Followers

Friday 8 March 2019

Sailor boy

Good morning, I hope this post finds you all well. Me I’m still struggling with my depression if I’m being honest I’m in a very dark place at the moment and finding crafting or anything else in fact very hard to do, having said that I do have a card for you today. It’s my DT card for Mo Manning.

The papers I used are freebies from Lianascraps(link below) which I have distressed the edges.
I have used for my image one of the little sailor boys from the set over at Mo’s digital pencil, they are all so adorable but I think this little chappy is my favourite I just love to colour him. He is coloured with a mix of my usual Pablo and polychrome pencils. He was then die cut out using an oblong die set I got from the works.

I made the embellishments cutting the wheel and anchor twice through my cuttlebug then gluing together, the card was 400gsm but I wanted it really strong and sturdy, then I embossed it with copper and black embossing powder to give an old weathered look.

The sentiment was a freebie from a magazine which I die cut out using the same set I used for the little sailor boy.
Well, that’s it from me for now. Hope you like my card for today and I will see you soon.
Links to find the downloads and all things me and what I have used










Happy Crafting

Jacki xx

9 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Hi Jacki just love this image of Mo's he is such a cutie and my son had an outfit just like it as a toddler over 30 years ago

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous image love the papers and layout -sorry to hear about your health struggles
Carol x x

Pat said...

Hey Jacki!! Iloooooove your card, girlfriend!! Gorgeous coloring and awesome design! This is one of my favorite Mo digital sets...and yet, I have never colored any of these cuties! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!! Pat

Jo said...

Hi lovely lady, sorry to read you're struggling.....wish there was something I could do to help. Love your card, he's adorable and what you've done with the die cuts is brilliant.....they look amazing. Take care xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

No matter hope you feel this is one gorgeous and lovely card.
Faith
x

Darlene said...

OMG this is just ADORABLE Jacki! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘For The Men/Boys in our Lives’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

laurie said...

Your nautical card is awesome! I just love that cute image. Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us!

Andree said...

A lovely card. Gorgeous papers, design and image.
Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore March Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

Kyla said...

Beautiful card. I like how you use your embellishments. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/