Followers

Friday 10 August 2018

70 years as Husband & Wife

Hello my lovelies I do hope you're all well and enjoying the weather although it's a tad colder here today :-( but I guess it has to come to an end at some point but I do LOVE the sunny hot days
Well it's that time again for me to share my Friday inspiration with you. And what an inspiration I have for you this week. It's not that I have made a blinder of a card or coloured the image Amazingly it's the reason behind the card(  all links will be at bottom of post)
 Next month is grandparents in law's 70th (   yes I said 70th, 70 years marriage ) So My MiL (  it's her parents ) asked if I'd make a card for them from her. 
So this is what I came up with hope you like it 


For my card I have used papers from Polkadoodles which I distressed and added to the card then made a paper doily from a die I have which I cut in half and added to the top and bottom corner.

The image is a merge of Aunt Helen ( she still reminds of the old woman in the home alone film lol)
I coloured them both with my polychromos and kept the card pretty CAS I printed the sentiment along with images.
I distress the edges of the image and then masked off the image and coloured the background with distress inks.

To embellish the card I wanted to again keep it simple but wanted some hearts so I die cut a few sizes and then embossed them. I didn't have any platinum embossing powder so I made my own with a mix of silver, holographic and a pale gold. I think it turned out quite cool.

I finished off with the insert in my usual style using the same paper on the front then adding a matt and the verse.
And there you have it. 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! 70 years is a long time. Bless them. bet they've seen some ups and downs. Only another 18 years and we'll get ours LOL. A Wonderful image and verse for them Jacki, I'm sure they and your MiL will be thrilled with it.

I'm loving the hot weather too.
Faith
x

Special Thoughts said...

Hi Jacki. Stunning as always. I think that image is adorable and so wonderfully coloured too. They are still devoted to each other after all that time, absolutely wonderful xx