Followers

Saturday 5 March 2016

Relax it's Mother's Day

Hi Guys I hope you are all fine & dandy. How awful has the weather been this week we have had hail sleet and the other S word (Bbbbrrrrr) roll on summer!!!!! Anyway I would like to say a big HELLO to my latest followers I hope you enjoy what you see and pop over regular kettle is always on here lol I had my injections done on Monday boy did I know about it for a good few days afterwards I am just about back to my old self apart from the Tinnitus is still very loud (well louder than usual) I don’t know why but when I have the injections it always sets it off but it usually calms down within a day or 2, I know some will say well it’s only T but when you have H then T makes H worse (blimey it’s nearly as bad as doing algebra at school hahha) anyway all is as good as can be.



Ohh before I get onto today’s card I have some happy news about the last mother’s day card I made (the one for my Nan in Law) it won 1st prize over at Crafty Catz challenge blog yayyyyy.
 


So this is the 2nd and final Mother’s day card I have made this year it’s for my dear Mom in Law.  While I was looking for a suitable image I saw the one I decided to use (obviously) and though eureka. She had just been on a spa day that was a present from Christmas I think and thought yes this one is perfect.


The card is 8x8” and the papers are from Pixel Scrapper the sketch I followed is an oldish one from papertake weekly (sadly no longer going)
I distressed the edges of the papers then inked with picked raspberry DI and then mounted onto white card which I also distressed. Before laying the papers into the main card I added some pink polka dot ribbon across the bottom section.





The image is from the Paper shelter which I coloured in with my Polychromo pencils then using a mask of the image and stencil brushes I went over the background with DI’s.

 


Again the flowers have been made using the Britannia flower dies I’m loving making these at the moment and I added micro beads to the more open ones which are made using the bit that is supposed to be the green leafy bit (whatever it’s called). Then I added a fussy bow in the same ribbon as I used across the card to finish it off.






Then it was onto the inside I  used one of the papers I used on the front and faux matted with a white piece which I faded out slightly to soften the edges then I decided to use the image on the left side only and keeping it uncoloured  then put a short verse on the right.

And viola my last mother’s day card for 2016 completed and sent out  hope you like it I will see you very soon and leave you with a list of challenges and another look at the image
 





Challenges










Happy Crafting



 

12 comments:

Dortesjs said...

super cute card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Perfect image and beautiful verse, A beautiful card. AND LURVE those flowers :)

Sorry to hear that the injection mad things a little worse, hope it's all settled and you are feeling better.

Wendy L said...

A really pretty card, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the colours
Kevin xx

Stampsnob. said...

Pretty in pink Lis DT Craft Rocket Ch

Julie B said...

Fab image with the perfect sentiment.
Thanks for joining in at CArdz4Galz. :0)

Carole Pollard said...

Beautiful what a pretty card and stunning stamp Thanks for plying Crafty ribbons Challenge Love and hugs Carole x

Sue said...

Hi Jacki, this is a beautiful card, Your colouring is wonderful and I love the pretty flower details you have added. Thank you for joining us this time at In The Pink.
Sue...xxx

Erika said...

A super card Jacki and so relaxing. I love how you've softly coloured to match the theme of the image. I'm sure the MIL would have loved it.

Hope you are feeling better today?
Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

Diane said...

Just an amazing design Jacki.

Hugs Diane

karenlotty said...

Very relaxing Thank you for taking part in Craft Rocket Challenge - Karen DT

Helen said...

Great card - very elegant and peaceful.

Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz.

Helen x