Hello my crafty friends I hope you’re all fine & dandy and have had a wonderful weekend. For me it was very productive 3 cards made yes 3 yipeee 2 mother’s day cards one for my Mom (in Law) and the other is for her to send to her Mom and I also managed to make a birthday card.I spent Friday helping Phil when the delivery came opening and sorting (boring stuff but has to be done)then is was off to the kitchen to make flowers once that was all done (happy days) the cards had already been designed and printed off last weekend (remember I said I had done more designing than crafting)and I had managed to colour the images in during the week to make things easy peasy. So Yesterday it was finishing off the flowers inking them and gluing then waiting for them to dry and putting the cards together and I’m really happy with how they came out (both flowers and cards).
Tomorrow is the day I get my injections done again I really can’t wait and am hoping that they do the correctly this time and they work, unlike last time when they just stuck them in and hoped. I really need to work as the pain is really bringing me down at the moment it’s relentless and of course made worse when there is any sounds around me even the tapping of these keys as I type is like having an ice pick thrust into my ears. So wish me luck and keep ‘em crossed for me that all goes well. Worst case is I come out looking like elephant man and in just as much pain oh well.
Anyway the card I am showing today is the one I have made for my MiL to send to her mom who is the sweetest lady ever I love her to bits, I knew I wouldn’t be able to top last years card so didn’t even try as used the gorgeous bobbin fairy with the a sewing pun as that is what she used to do for a living.
So this year I just went with a straightforward mother’s day card my usual 8x8”(well just a tad larger) the papers are from Pixel Scrapper I have gone with purple tones and polka dots (can’t go wrong with a bit of polka dotting) I have distressed the edges then inked with milled lavender and dusty concord DI
The flowers are made using coordinating papers and the Britania flower dies once they had dried enough I made a hole through the centre and added the stamen. The open flowers with the micro beads in the centre are made from the Kalep part of the die(if that is what it’s called it’s the end bit you usually colour green) but as the flowers were being glued flat I decided to use these as flowers instead of wasting them.
The image is called flowers 4 U by Mo Manning and has been coloured in with a mix of Derwent coloursoft pencils and polychromo pencils. I used a mask of the image to colour the background after I had coloured it in using distress inks and stippling brushes.
For the insert I used the papers from the front and also brought the image through fading it out into the background and adding a verse(have to have a good verse for this lady it make a card lol). Hey presto Bobs your Uncle (or in my case FiL) and job done!
I do hope you like this one and I will see you very soon with another of my makes
http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Mother's day
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ A special Lady (she's very special)
http://www.trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ mother's day