Followers

Sunday 20 July 2014

Post holiday blues

Well hello everyone I won't ask if you've missed me as I haven't posted regular for quite a while.
We have been back for a week now and bo0y do I wish I was back in the USA the weather was amazing even the thunder storms, we still sat out sun bathing in them as there was no rain (not like here yesterday :o( )
Now the one thing I was a bit disappointed in was  for as long as have been in blog world people have been going on about how amazing Micheal's is and "you have to go there" well I did and it didn't amaze me it was just like walking into Hobbycraft, yes things were cheaper than over here but that was the same with most things the only thing that did get me ohhing and aarring were the embossing folders I brought quite a few back as they seem to have more choice than us but other than that I felt let down :o(. Of course that didn't stop me spending a small fortune in there (well you have to don't you) I think I was expecting it be totally different to anything we have over here with what I had heard about it some things we can't get over here there wasn't a lot different. I did manage to get a friend a gorgeous cross stitch pattern hope it gets her Mojo going again so see what I got wasn't all for me hehe.
We then went to a shop called Joanns now they had some different things in there and again I spent a small fortune plus the Dollar tree stores sell crafty stuff and of course you all know me I use other stuff in crafting too so brought a load of nail caviar to use as micro beads you should see my stash now lol
We had to pay for an extra case to come back as I had brought about 3 big carriers of craft goodies and Amy brought enough make up back to start her own shop :oO
I have a few stories to tell too but will do that when I get the photos.
Anyway onto my card
 I have been asked by my mother to make a card for a cousin so I thought I best do it before I forgot
so here it is



 Of course all papers are freebies and the browny text paper and purple polka dot have been faux matted onto black
I printed off thin strips of the black paper and added ribbon from my stash (yes I did buy from USA well you have to don't you lol)
I inked all papers with black soot DI and the sentiment with wild honey DI
The flowers that I added are from USA and France I got them when I was there for my birthday.
I added a touch of glitter (Also from USA) to the flower on her hat


 the image was printed onto matt photo and again faux matted with black paper



 then to finish off I added a matching insert with verse




 so there you have my card hope you like it

 Challenges

 http://craftingattheweekend.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://sugarcreekhollow.blogspot.co.uk/ ON THE ROAD (Paris)

 http://suzypantssmarty.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/ Dotty

 http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ Vacation

 http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

 http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG


8 comments:

verybellemakes said...

Love all the gorgeous layers! Hope you're enjoying your stash of american goodies ;)

Thank you for joining the Crafting At The Weekend Challenge, hope to see you again soon.

Victoria DT

Blossom Cards said...

lovely layered card thanks for sharing with SBBC this week Rachel dt

Cathi ONeill said...

Love the image and your layers and details!Blue and Brown are a favorite combination of mine. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow!!

Teresa said...

Lovely card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Girls Challenge - good luck xx

Helen said...

Great card - thanks for joining us at the Crafty Girls Challenge.

Helen x

Hazel said...

Love the hat. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 38 - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

Daniele said...

love the elegance of this card, have to agree with you I have just come back from Orlando and was really disappointed with Michaels, the best shop I found was the Hobby Lobby, I was also lucky that when I went they all had sales on with a 30/40% off the prices.....bargains
Thanks for joining us at Sugar creek Hollow this fortnight
hugs

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card with lovely colours. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Sugar creek Hollow this fortnight.
Amelia (DT SCH)