Followers

Friday 8 September 2017

Papillon shabby chic!!!



Hi lovely people how are you all I hope this post finds you well. It's all go this week at PD Towers but that hasn't stopped the challenges so as it’s Friday we have a new challenge for you over at Polkadoodles and this  week us DT girls were asked to use a design sheet.


For mine I used some elements from one of the design sheets in the Belle Papillon collection. Everything I have used except the frame  pearls lace and pins comes from the collection which I have to say has the most gorgeous papers ever. The image one from  part of the embellishment section. 
Now for this card I have gone mixed media crazy slightly I needed a crafty distraction and yes it helped lol. I distressed and inked the papers with Victorian velvet and frayed burlap DI then I frantaged them to death. I wanted a real shabby chic look to this card (I think I pulled it off just)
I  printed the post card, tag, lady and stamps out 3 times and stuck the together as I wanted them to be sturdy and then embossed with clear powder for the tag and postcard I popped these in the freezer for a few minutes then fetched them out and cracked then inked with frayed burlap and walnut stain DI.
I added a doily which I tore in half. The frame is painted with a mix of acrylic paint and starlight paints to give a sexy shimmer but also the aged effect I wanted then I added some more frontage (why not) I added lace across the middle of the card then ontop of this added some pearl droplets. The butterflies are also from the embellishment section I printed them off cut out added glitter to the wings then glued together for the body, I made these with flower stamens and pearls (I think they are so pretty.)
To finish off the front I added a few loose pearls just for interest and I think that is about it

Hope you like it and I will see you very soon.

Challenges

Happy Crafting
Jacki xx

1 comment:

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Lovely card, is so feminine, I really like it. xox