Followers

Friday 11 August 2017

Wnnie in bottle

                                                                                               
 Hello again my dear crafty peeps I hope you’re well whatever the weather is doing your way What a summer we’re having this year (or should I say lack of L )
Anyways to brighten things u we have another challenge for you over at Polkadoodles this week and although our theme for you guys is always Anything Goes for us DT girls we had to create a summer theme!
So for my project I haven’t made a card this time (I know shock horror you did read right) I have created Winnie in bottle!


I have seen a couple of crafters do something similar makes but with different themes one was a ship in a bottle which was amazing so ladies thank you for the inspiration!
So how did I make this well I was all set to make a card then I paid a visit to the Works (as you do!!) and I saw these bottle with chipboard letters in the the size of the bottle looked perfect for this idea so I popped a couple (or 3 or 4) into my basket lol

I printed off Winnie from Starfish and Sandcastle collection along with some of the embellishments  (the flip flops sandcastle rubber ring and anchor) and one of the sentiments, printing them all off twice but in mirror image. I them cut them all out and glued together leaving to dry.
For the Winnie image I made sure to leave a tab about ½ and inch at the bottom so I could fold it outwards on both side and glue it to the bottom of the bottle to make it more secure.  Then while drying I found some sand paper that I tore to fit and glued that in place.
I attached the rubber ring, flip flops, sandcastle and sentiment to the outside of the bottle  then I wanted something to give the look of water so I raided my fabric stash for some tulle and coloured it blue with some distress ink  I then cut into smallish strips.

Once most f it was dry I took Winnie and got her inside the bottle being very careful not to behead her (as I did in my previous attempt ooopppsssss) then I added the tulle gluing it in place as I went along.
To finish off I added some real mini shells to the outside and inside and then added some micro beads and gold glitter to the inside to look a bit more sand like. 

The lid of the bottle was silver in colour and I wanted it to be a more gold/brown and weathered so a coat of gesso and then some brown acrylic paint and some Tim Holtz distressed spray stain in tarnished brass  blasted with the heat gun did the trick. I then added some twine and fibres to the lid which I glued in place then added more shells
Well I hope you like it I certainly enjoyed making it and I will see you very soon



Happy Crafting

Jacki xx

7 comments:

Bev said...

Such a clever idea!

Unknown said...

Absolutely brilliant looks incredible xx

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Gorgeous I just love this xx

Shylaashree said...

an innovative project

Unknown said...

Wow! I haven't seen anything like this before! I love it!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Creations. Ciao, Lisa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AMAZING - Super work, well done you.
Faith
x

Lou Sims said...

This is flipping fantastic ... adore, adore and adore x