Followers

Sunday 22 January 2017

Fairy Bug Christening card




Happy weekend everyone I hope you are all having a lovely relaxing one and keeping warm it’s brass monkeys here today I can’t get warm for the life of me.
Anyway I have a card for you today that I made about a week ago I made it for one of the baby’s that were born in December as she got Christened today.

I made the card blank to 6½x7½” (thought I spice things up a little) then the main backing paper I wrapper around the back to hide the join
I distressed the papers in my usual way using my new distress tool(love it) I then inked and splattered with diluted white acrylic paint and starlight paint in pink sunset and white gold

The image is one of my all time favourites baby fairies Bug by Mo Manning which I coloured with a mix of polychromo, Pablo and luminance pencils.

I printed the greeting off with the  papers and gave it the same treatment then added some pompom lace to the bottom of the card, To finish the look I added one of my latest fav embellishments the shabby bow to which I added a little handmade flower the same as I added to the baby card I made when she was born then added a little crucifix charm.



To finish the card I made the insert using the paper from the front and bringing the image through to tie it together.
Baby Ella is adorable and looks soooooo tiny of course I had to have a munch would have been rude not to.
Hope you like it see you soon



 



Challenges








Happy Crafting
Jacki XX

5 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous. Great image and great design. Nice work love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Crafty Friends Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
Annette DT

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘New Beginnings’ challenge with your lovely baby card… Please join us again next time. Good luck in the draw!
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Sandy Palmer said...

This is so beautiful. Love the design, the colors, the image. It all is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Wendy L said...

Super card, a lovely, cute image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends, xxx

Oh You Made Me Ink said...

FABULOUS!! Your card is Fabulous! I love the coloring and that image is to die for! What a cute little tummy!! Thanks for sharing it with us at HIMCR! Cyndi, DT