Followers

Saturday 10 December 2016

Anyone seen the cupcakes???




Hello crafty peeps I hope you are all fine and dandy this weekend. Boy am I in a lot of pain today, we had been invited to a party of a friend’s daughter who was turning 18 now usually we don’t do parties because of my situation but I knew Phil wanted to go and be there and if I am totally honest they understand how I am and I knew I wouldn’t be made to feel guilty if we only showed up for a short time. I had my ear buds in the whole time I was there but by the time we came out I was really in a bad way and am soooooo paying for it today. I can hardly hear anything but what I can is so painful I have fullness in my ears and everything sounds tinny and muffled plus the pain side, lets say my loo has had a few hugs today!!!
Anyway enough about that being as it was an 18 it was a great excuse to make a card (who needs an excuse) so it was hunt for an image time after a lot of thought I finally decided which one to go with.


For my card I used an 8x8” card blank papers are from pixel scrapper and have been distressed and inked I decided on a blue theme as she is a BAGGIES girl through and through.

The image I decided on was cupcakethief by Mo Manning which I coloured with a mix of Polychromo, Prisma and Luminance pencils. I then masked the image off and created the background using distress inks.

To embellish the card I used some clip art cupcakes that I printed off (after changing the colour to blue) then embossed with clear embossing powder a couple of times finished off adding some seed beads to the icing. Then I added some blue polka dot ribbon and a couple of fussy bows.

For the insert I made this in my usual way, taking one of the papers I used on the front and matted with a white piece then added the image and a verse.




Challenges







Happy Crafting
Jacki XX

5 comments:

Scrappin Sue said...

Awesome
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

First of all Jacki, I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain again. I hope it won't last too long this time. Must be so miserable for you.

Although! your card is a delight, love your colouring and your cupcakes around the main image, fabulous colouring again.
Faith
x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Utterly love this! It made me smile until my cheeks hurt!! Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us this week at Southern Girls. So glad you did. Hugs, Wends xoxo SGC DT

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, I love that image and you have coloured it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls. Clarinda xx

Nela said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us in Mo's challenge!
Nela xx