Followers

Sunday 20 March 2016

Very Chic ... and Shabby

Hello crafty friends I hope you’re all fine & dandy and having a great weekend.
 I am back with a make for you I decided I couldn’t keep it from you any longer I am so happy with it I have been making the birthday cards I need for April birthday’s Amy is 24 this year Oh my life where has the time gone it only seems yesterday she was starting school then high school now she’s all grown up and things are going well for her especially now.

So as you can probably guess my card for today is one I have made for Amy it’s one from myself and her Dad.
I have been making flowers for these cards for over a week as you may have seen on an earlier post, I have about 3 or 4 cards to make in all not all for Amy but they are all female birthdays so flowers play a part.
 I wanted to do something a little (turned out very…) different to my usual style of card as I have watched some fellow crafters in awe one in particular Pamellia Johnson if you don’t know her work check her out she is an amazing crafter.




So here is my card it’s an 8x8” card (well just a bit bigger) and the papers are from Chelsea Le (another very talented lady) now I have to warn you there are a few pics but there is so much going on with this card that needs to be seen so I have grouped them together as much as possible.
The papers have been distressed inked with antique Linen DI then painted with pink and white acrylic paint I also tore parts of the papers and painted then folded over to make them look very shabby chic. I really enjoyed getting all messy with the paints flicking it around the papers and over stuff that it wasn’t meant to go on (eeekk cleaning up isn’t as much fun as making the mess lol)I added a piece of muslin behind one of the papers so it would show through the tears, I set these aside to dry and then made a start on the image.



I used TeenFairy Mia from MoManning for this card and coloured her using my polychromo pencils I have to say the dress was a nightmare to colour and the final effort was my 4th I couldn’t get it to look how I wanted it too either the folds didn’t look right or the colour wasn’t soft enough. But I am happy with this one so rock n roll!!!
Then I did the background for the image using one of 3 cast offs as a mask and using DI and stencil brushes . I then distressed the edges and frantaged around the image trying desperately not to get to much on the image (phew!!) Oh I almost forgot I also glittered her wings (well a fairy’s got to have sparkle)
I then die cut 2 spellbinder decorative labels and snipped into them (doing my best Sue Wilson impression lol) as one was too small for the back of the image and I knew that with everything going on, with the card the seams would hard to spot unless you really look for them. This was again inked with antique linen then I frantaged this to death as well. Before adding the image to the frame I had just made I attached some cheese cloth behind the image then added to the frame. By now all the papers were dry so I could put it all together.



For the embellishments I really went to town making all of the flowers  and butterflies
The larger butterflies were taken from candle holders they are very strong card and I cut them out as with the bird cages I inked then and frantaged them, again painted and made them as shabby chic as I could. I decided I wanted to make a little envelope for an embellishment so using the same papers as on the card I put a simple one together then printed off an extra sentiment popping it inside with a little hessian twine attached as a pully. On the front of the flap I added a small flower that I made (more about these in a mo) and a little punched butterfly.
 



So the flowers Ohhhh I had so much fun making these (I know I live such a sheltered life haha) they are made from coffee filter papers and distress re- inkers. I then splattered paint over them when putting them on the card so they fitted in more.



Then as usual it was on to the insert, I used the same papers and a faux white mat that I faded the edges of I brought the image through and had it on its own on the one page and faded out on the side with the verse.



And there you have it I hope you like it and I will see you very soon with another make  



 Challenges

http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG with a twist use a bird (in cages)

http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://lacysunshinechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://robynsfetishchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Square or rectangle cards

http://welove2create.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG MIXED MEDIA

http://craftyfriendschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://thepencilcases.blogspot.co.uk/ Opulent

http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ B butterflies

http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Things with wings

http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG with a mo image 




Happy Crafting

12 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is so gorgeous!
Kevin xx

Pamellia said...

Wow Jacki, this is drop dead gorgeous!! Thank you so much for the shout out, you are so sweet. I love that you have taken some shabby chic techniques and totally made them your own! Your distressed edges look fabulous and your image is just stunning! The touches of Frantage work so well with your soft palette! I must say, shabby sure looks good on you!! I do hope you will get messy again soon! hugs :)

Wendy L said...

Thi is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this time, xxx

Nicky G said...

Fab card. I love the design. Thankyou for entering the Glitter n Sparkle Challenge. Good Luck. Nicky - GnS DT

JayBe said...

Such a pretty design, Jacki - thanx for sharing with us at the Alphabet Challenge.

Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

Beth Brovold said...

WOW!! So beautifully coloured, designed and embellished...thank you for sharing this beauty with us at Fussy and Fancy "Things With Wings" and good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Claire said...

Gorgeous project, so many pretty details! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
Claire xx

Natalie said...

such a wonderful card, Jacki! Love the colors and your embelishments.
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Happy Easter!
Natalie
INKognito

Emma said...

What a super cute card, thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge for our ‘B is for Beautiful Butterflies’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

Loopylou. said...

ooooooooh this is so delicate and pretty Jacki, I absolutely adore it.
Thank you so much for playing along with us over on DP2
hugs Lou xx

Special Thoughts said...

Hi Jacki. What a beautiful creation. Beautiful image, fab design and lots of glitz and glam. I just love all the amazing detail. Fantastic.
Happy crafting my friend.
Love Sandra xxx