Good afternoon everyone I hope you’re all fine & dandy. I have been suffering this past week with my ears even more than usual for some reason I think it’s the fact that the cold does affect them and the injections have long worn off but never mind I still have the use of my hands and my brain still works (to a degree lol) hahaha. It’s really dull and cold here and as you know I hate the cold I can’t wait for the warmer weather to come.
Anyway I have another card for you today and it’s not an 8x8” one either (gasp shock horror) how will you cope! The card is one of my other favourite sizes 6½x7½”.
I made the card base using 2 sheets of A4 card cutting them to size and one having about an inch extra for the join.
The reason I am saying this is because someone asked me a week or so ago how I make my 8x8” cards and the process is the same. I have also taken a pic of the back to show how I hide the seam but first here is the card itself
The papers are all freebies from various blog trains there are too many to mention (as you can see there are lots of layers on this one)and also I don’t have details for all of them sorry)0: You may notice I have resisted the urge to distress the papers I thought as it was more of a baby card then try going for clean lines but I did have to ink the edges as I just can’t have white edges sorry for me it’s a no no unless it’s meant to be that way. So for this I used walnut stain and Victorian velvet DI.
Now as I said earlier when I make a card that has a seam I make my first piece of DP about an inch or so longer than is needed this is then wrapped around the back and glued down to hide the said seam once dry I add a coloured peel off just to add a bit of decoration. So for those that asked now you know :0D
For the LO I used a sketch I have had for a long, long time and have used on quite a few cards.
Now the image, well I coloured this about a week or so ago I just had to as soon as it went on sale at Mo’sdigital pencil the horrid lady (she’s not really, far from it) had been tormenting us all over the Holidays with cards made by the DT using the new “coming soon images (this one is called Morgan)and I knew I would have to buy them so first chance I got to colour them I did!!!!!!! I used my polychromo pencils for this and to say it was a joy to colour is an understatement.
When I put the card together last night I trimmed the image down to size and as I always print more than one off at a time (just in case I boo boo)I cut that out for a mask then using my DI, I stippled over the outer part of the image with various brown and pink to make the background. Then I matted it onto the papers.
I made the sentiment on my PC while designing the card and again inked that and matted onto the same paper.
For the embellishments well I wanted to keep it simple so I went with the button theme and luckily I had a gorgeous brown and pink button just waiting to be used (how about that!!!!) I just added so pink ribbon to it making a bow then added some pink gems.
As is my usual way, I made the insert using the same papers as on the front and bringing the image through. This time I decided to add the image to left page and colour it then have the short on the other side.
And there you have my card for today I hope you like it and I will leave you with an Arty look at the card (yes I took a posh pic haha) and a list of challenges I would like to enter it into.
http://cardsundmore-challengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ woodland animal (well kind of)
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.co.uk/ Based on a book (goldilocks & 3 bears)
http://mmmchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Newest fav stamp (morgan Mo Manning)