Followers

Thursday 21 January 2016

buttons bows & baby grows



Hello my crafty friend I do hope you’re all keeping warm and safe, I have to admit I am hating this cold weather Bbbbrrrrrr Brass monkey weather it is for sure(never really understood that saying but hayho) I prefer the warmth of summer lovely and hot I keep saying I was born in the wrong continent but still never mind when I will the millions I can move where ever the sun is shining (hehehe).
Anyways I have 2 cards for you today yes 2 for the simple reason they are baby cards and I decided to make one for each sex again these are just for fun cards. I am so enjoying doing these at the moment and, how can you not, with the super cute images Mo Manning has just released (ADORABLE!!!!!)


So I best show them to you hadn’t I?

Girl card


Remember I said I would make a different size card other than 8x8” well I have. (blimey I can hear the gasps from here hahaha)don’t get too excited they are A5 so nothing fancy but I am thinking of starting to make some fancy shaped ones like I used to years ago
Anyway for the card as I said it’s A5 in size and I have used Kraft papers and a beautiful baby paper with all nursery rhymes on the Kraft is from pixel scrapper but I can’t remember where the baby paper came from (sorry)
Boy card

I removed the background from the image and added it to some more Kraft paper this time this one has stars on and once I had coloured the image using my polychromo pencils I added glitter to these stars (well why not I’m having withdrawals as I haven’t used much since Christmas)



Then I added thread to some buttons and tied in a bow and from the same thread I made some small pompoms and added one to the bottom of the card




For the insert I used the same papers as the front and brought the image through like I always do then added a short verse and there you have it.




I don't know why the girl card has more of a yellow tinge to the lighting as they were taken at then same time so Sorry about that :o(


I actually coloured 4 of these images I did 2 in pink and 2 in blue but one was a pale one on each and the other was a little deeper in colour I just wanted to see which I liked more but anyway I will leave you with a list of challenges and another look at the images


 these are the other 2 I coloured


Challenges

http://www.addictedtostamps-challenge.blogspot.com.au/  Make your mark (polychromo pencils)

http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ buttons and bows

http://www.unicornchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ anything clothes (baby grows)

http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Cute and Kraft

http://sparklensprinklecreativechallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG with loose glitter (stars)






Happy Crafting


15 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Wow! Two adorable baby cards! I love them both, you colored them beautifully and I love your paper you used on them too! Thanks for playing along with us at Unicorn Challenges!

Anne Temple said...

Both of these cards are as cute as can be. Great image and great coloring on all of them. Thanks for sharing your baby cards with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

Michelle said...

Both of these are gorgeous Jacki - love all the added details and the insides too - Michelle x

Cross Stitch Claire said...

Very cute cards, great colouring too. Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

Stampsnob. said...

Darling image love the embellishments TFS Unicorn Challenge..Lis DT

Jessica K said...

Oh my goodness! These are just so darn sweet and cute! Great job! Thanks for joining us this month at SparkleNSprinkle Creative Challenge! - Jess (DT)

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello my Dear Friend. These are absolutely gorgeous and your colouring is simply amazing. Fab designs and lovely papers, beautifully embellished too.
It is so nice to see you making cards " JUST FOR THE FUN OF IT" and enjoying being the creative person that you are.
Happy crafting my friend.
Lots of love, Sandra xxxx

Lisa J said...

WOZER! These are both cute amazing cards. Fabulous colouring and lovely inserts! Thanks for sharing with us this month. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

Gail said...

Very cute cards! Love the image and your coloring is outstanding. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pies for our KRAFTY CUTIE challenge! Hugs, Gail

Unknown said...

Awesome. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Unicorn Challenge this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. I love your blog I am going to follow you. yay..

Hugs,

Tammi, Unicorn Challenge,DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

These are SUPER Duper cards Jackie.

Tanja said...

fantastic coloring - thanks for sharing your project at ATSM

Judith said...

such lovely cards - just so beautifully coloured and i love the pom poms! - thank you for playing along at fab'n'funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

Kristina said...

So cute. Thanks for joining as over at the Fab'n'Funky Challenge Blog.

Helen said...

Gorgeous - love that image!

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x