Followers

Monday 21 December 2015

It's the most wonderful time of the year??????

Hello Crafty peeps I hope you are well, I bet some of you are getting really excited with the Christmas countdown well under way. Don’t get me wrong I love Christmas day, being with the ones you love the most and not thinking about anything except stuffing your face with turkey. It’s the hustle and bustle in the build up that I hate and the fact that come February we will be starting again (slight exaggeration I know but you get my drift). For us our Christmas day starts with the 3 of us getting up and opening our presents from each other then we head over to Phil’s Mom and Dad’s for the day where we will be joined with his Nan & Grandad. The Gents go to the local Legion for a couple of bevies while us ladies (I use the term lightly haha)chip in and get the Christmas dinner ready. Then later on we have a what is now traditional “Christmas quiz” which is put together by the quiz master himself Bobby D (Daddy in Law who has way too much time on his hands) Phil and myself won the quiz last year so we are going to give it a good go again this year, I mean the prizes are the best Poundland offer so it’s all to play for hahaha.
That is generally our Christmas day but we have a laugh and that’s what it’s all about for me anyway.


I have a Christmas card for you today, I am actually on top of my cards now yes some folk have has shop bought ones (yes I hang my head in shame but needs must) so the one I am showing you today is one I made for my Mom & Dad in Law.




I have done it in the same style as most of my Christmas cards this year and like I’ve said in previous posts I am loving doing this style. The card is my usual 8x8” and the paper is from Far far hill (I think??? /o:) which I distressed and inked with blueprint sketch DI.





I printed the image and sentiment out on the same card and cut and distressed the edges inking in the same colour then I coloured the image using my polychrome pencils. The image is of course from Mo Manning and is called Winter Fairy Halla and I have to say he/ she is my FAVOURITE winter image I just love it so had to use it again this year. I added glitter to the boots head muff and pompoms and also added some sparkle to the frosty flourish.




I die cit my snowflakes from blue pearlised card then frantaged it to give it that Christmassy feel and layered a couple together to add depth.


For the inside I did my usual look using the same paper from the front and added the image to each outer bottom corner but I left these un coloured. Then finished off with a verse and hey presto jobs done.
 
So there you have it I will leave you with another look at the super sweet image and a list of challenges I would like to enter it into





Challenges

http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/  ATG

http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ Purple team (dies)

http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/  glitter & sparkle

http://leftofcenterchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2015/12/week-51-polkadoodles-crafting-challenge.html  ATG 

http://qkrstampede.blogspot.co.uk/ Christmas


I will see you again very soon with more cards fear not I still have a couple to share so until then




Happy Crafting

11 comments:

chrissy xx said...

Such a sweetie of an image and I LOve your pencil colours..
Thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.
Happy Christmas.
Chrissyxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Jackie, I like the image and the snowflakes Merry Christmas
Kevin xx

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jacki,

Your work is just fabulous! Your entry into our last challenge was one of our favorites! I think it would be helpful if you could get better lighting on your cards! I would love to feature you on our Facebook page, but the pictures are dark and it is difficult to see all that fabulous detail! Thanks for supporting our chalenge, we look forward to seeing more of your work here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

KandA said...

Gorgous card Jacki, that is one of my favourite Mo images. Wishing you a very merry christmas xx

Aurora said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous colouring, Thank you for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create this week.
Merry Christmas,
Aurora

Bettina L. said...

Such a gorgeous CAS Christmas card. Love the chilled design with the snowflakes. Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member 613 Avenue Create xx

Wendy said...

Your card is so cute. I love the colors you choose and the glittery snowflakes. Thank you for entering the Left of Center "anything goes" challenge this week. Wendy (DT)

Mia Scott said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card, your colouring and embellishments are stunning.
Thank you for joining in with the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles Mia - GDT Member xx

Claire said...

Wow beautiful make! Gorgeous colouring and I love those sparkly snowflakes! Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/
Claire xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card, love your colouring and the colours you used. The little snowflakes look wonderful with this Mo's image, one I truly need to get.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jacki. Oh wow, what a gorgeous cute image and I love your colouring, so perfect.
Gorgeous colours, just a perfect creation. LOVE IT.
Happy crafting my friend.
Love Sandra xxx