Followers

Sunday 20 September 2015

Classy Deco


Good afternoon my lovelies I hope you’re all having a fine and dandy weekend for me it’s a busy, busy one  and exciting but I can’t much about that yet so stay tuned I promise when I can tell you, you’ll be the first to know (hehehehee I’m such a tease I’m so excited)



Anyways well I have to say I have failed miserably in my attempt to get my Mother in Laws birthday cards done I only managed to make 1 yes you read correctly ONE!! How shameful is that and I had to resort to buying her a card from myself and Phil and also one from Amy (I am hanging my head very low in shame) but in my defence I did have a nasty tummy bug last week which made me feel rather yukkie although I should have had the cards done before then. Oh well I best start making next years now so I know I will not run out of time (0:
So today as it my wonderful Mom in laws birthday I will share the card with you that I DID get made
My lovely Dad in Law asked me a couple of weeks ago if I would make one from him for her so that is what I will show you today AND shock horror it’s not an 8x8” card either (oooooohhhhhhh)


I have no idea what the name of this style of card is although I’m sure there is one but here it is anyway
In size it’s just a little larger than A5 but as you can see when open is quite deep
The papers are from my ever growing batch of digital freebies which I printed onto thick linen matt paper




The image is as you can see another beautiful Art Deco lady and I have totally gone to town with her head dress. I’ve used glitter and micro beads for this and then a large seed bead for her ring well a girl this classy has to have the bling!!! Then for her pearl necklace I added liquid pearl drops in a petal pink(I also added a drop for her earrings too).
I also added glitter to her dress and parasol



The flowers I made using organza ribbon yes the same as in the tutorial a few weeks ago but on the larger flower I added petals to back of it which I made out of a thin muslin material which I coloured with spun sugar and worn lipstick DI reinkers. The material was cut into appx 2” squares then folded into triangles to make the petals then attached to a length of cotton you need about 5 or 6 per flower.
To finish off the card I added 3 gems to each side section of the card to just take away the plainness




For the insert as per I used the same papers from the front and also used the image to tie it all together then added a lovely verse
And that is pretty much it I hope you like it and I will see you all very soon I hope


Before I go I will just with my amazing Mom in Law a very happy birthday and I leave you with a list of challenges I would like to enter 


   Challenges

 






Happy Crafting



3 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jacki. Oh wow, what a stunning image, and the design and colours are just perfect. I just love all the added textures, and the gorgeous flowers are the most perfect finishing touches.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW Jacki, this is STUNNING, love how you have "blinged" it all, it looks so professional, your MIL will absolutely LOVE it and will forgive your little lapse in not making her a card, you certainly made up for it in this.
Hope your feeling better.
xx

Michelle said...

A beautiful and stylish card Jacki - gorgeous image and pink colours - love it - Michelle x