Followers

Thursday 27 August 2015

Waiting for snow

Well hello again yes I’m back already I knew how much you miss me so I had to make more cards haha. Oh no it’s not me waiting for snow it’s just the title I hate the stuff way to cold. I had a really productive day on Saturday and got 2 cards done, well in more or less I had coloured the images in Thursday and Friday and printed everything off so really it was just banging them together creating master pieces.



The one I am showing you today is my FIRST Christmas card of the year Whoooop whoooop it’s a shame no one is going to receive it though. I have made this and the other one for a DT post I have applied for don’t hold a cat in hells chance of getting it but hey in famous words of Nick Knowles ‘you’ve got to be in it to win it’ I guess I had to send the cards off for the lovely peeps who are having the DT to inspect so my nails are being chewed to the quick (  Eeeeek I hate applying for these things really I get so nervous)
But it’s in the hands of the powers that be now so we shall see.






So on to my card it’s an A5 card blank and the papers are from pixel scrapper they have been inked with hickory smoke DI (love that colour) I did restrain from distressing the papers (don’t ya think I’m getting good hehe)








For the image I had to use one of the newbies from Mo Manning called waiting for snow (there is a boy & girl version both as adorable as each other) and I have coloured up with polychrome pencils and I am really pleased with how she came out. I did distress the edges of the image and inked again with hickory smoke then matted onto white card.







I also used snowtex for the ground I have 2 sorts the one I used is supposed to be so you can write with it but is soooooo thick there is no way you can write anything other than a blob (lol 0o:)  I used glossy accent on the snow globe and to make snowflakes on her clothes I used a white distress marker







To embellish I used 2 memory box dies which I embossed with paper shelter tinsel embossing powder.
I also added some pink and silver organza ribbon and pink gems from my stash.
To finish off I added stardust stickle around the edges of the sentiment and image.







Then onto the insert as usual taking the papers from the front and also adding the image to tie it all together just adding a short Christmas Greeting.




And there it is, I hope you like it and I will see you all again very soon




Challenges





http://hjcchallenge.blogspot.ca/ snowflakes and sparkle






Happy crafting xx

9 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi there. Well, it's another Jacki SPECIAL and it is gorgeous as always. Lovely image so beautifully coloured. Gorgeous papers and design. Beautifully embellished too. Such a wonderful creation.
Good luck with all the challenges.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Judith said...

This is so pretty - love the shades of pink - good luck with the DT hugs judith x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card jacki, I love the image and the design
Kevin xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card!! Such a sweet image! Love it! And your coloring is fantastic!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

KandA said...

Fabulous card Jacki and fingers crossed for the DT xx

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card.Your colouring is superb and you've finished this card so beautifully inside too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Super cute card, Lovely image, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

Johannas Bakblogg said...

beautiful card. thank you for joining us at crafty gals corner. :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You HAVE to send this to someone, it is beautiful, so is the image and your wonderful colouring. Best of Luck with the DT