Followers

Friday 29 August 2014

More sad news

Hello everyone I hope you are all well. The weather here has not improved since my last post it's horrid  hate it bring back summer NOW!!!!!!!

 I have a card for you today and not one I or any of us like to make, yes a sympathy card

I had a phone call yesterday from a certain person who told me the news like this(I'm in brackets) "hello have you heard about Aunty Pat (I answered no what) "Oh well I thought I better tell you then her husband died" (oh when what how) "oh sometime time last week"  she then told me what he died of,  I told her I would make a card to send from all of us then asked about the funeral " I won't be going" and that was it
So just like my other uncle that died a few months ago I have no idea when the funeral is.  So if any of my family that this conserns are reading this I send you my condolences.


anyway here is my card 


 I kept it pretty simple and didn't want to over load the card so only used one DP which I changed the colour to match the image as it was more silver, I distreesed it and inked with vintage photo then matted onto white card which I also distressed. The image is from craftsuprint I liked the was the detaikl down the side looked like parchment and it had the sentiment already there so I just ditsressed the edges and inked with frayed burlap then matted onto white card also distressed
I added some gold coloured ribbon behind the image which I overlayed with cream lace
now there is a fine line I think when you make these cards of course you want to put your heart into it because it's being sent to someone who has just literally had their heart ripped out, but there's danger sometimes I think of over "doing" the card if you know what I mean so all I really to did to the image was cut another set of the butterfluies out and add a liitle white gel pen to wings to high light the parchment a bit more then added a liitle glitter to the wings,  then I put a little glitter on some of the dotting detail of parchment along th flowers just to help it pop a bit


 Finally I added 3 flat backed pearls and finished off by making an insert using same paper only faded out and a short verse


So there you have my card for today thanks for popping by

2 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Jacki. Absolutely beautiful, just what is needed. Speak later.
Love Sandra xx

Doreen said...

A beautiful card Jacki.xxx