Followers

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Christmas tree oh Christmas tree



Hello my lovelies how are you today I hope this post finds you fine and dandy. I am soooo excited to bring you this project .
This week over at Digi choosday we have another challenge for you. The DT  this were given the challenge to make a Christmas decoration blue and white (what!!!!!) as you can imagine my heart lurched and I went really cold and clammy I don’t do Christmas crafting I make cards with the occasional mixed media canvas(Eeekkkkk) Well I do now I guess,  I went on to youtube OMG what did we ever do before google and Youtube lol there were so many ideas and tutorials on how to make this and that my head was spinning, but at least I had a few ideas. Of course you know me I never go for the easy project I always throw myself in the deep end without thinking “can I actually pull this off????”
Anyway here are my projects the first one is a little taster a really easy peasy little thing I made after the main project was complete(because I printed off way to much paper lol) it’s simple bauble that you make by cutting out 8 circles (I die cut mine) fold circles in half the glue together adding some thread to the last section for a hanger and tah-dah….


For my main project (I was so excited when I had finished this as it turned out so much better than I was expecting) I have made a Christmas Tree yep you read correct a Christmas tree from paper


It is so easy to do (although very fiddly when gluing) all you need is a kitchen roll centre or of yours like mine wasn’t empty use 2 loo roll centres (I used 3, 2 end to end then cut a strip out of the last one to hold them in place) and your designer papers for mine I have mainly used papers from the Twiggy and Toots festive collection with a couple from work& play 5 holybobs.
Then you just make rosettes and attach to centre piece. 

I finished off with a double rosette and added the wording joy and Noel which I punched out into circles and added to these.  I know the theme was blue and white but I want a pop of colour as the blue I used was very pale so I added a touch of grey and a little red just to make it stand out.
So there you have my Christmas Decorations for you I hope you like them please please join us remember for you guys it’s always Anything Goes now so you can make what ever you like  
Don’t forget to pop over to the DigiChoosday blog to get your discount code for today only (make sure you read the T&C)







Happy Crafting
Jacki XX

11 comments:

Jane Savage said...

Brilliant, Jacki! I don't think I have either the skill or patience to make something so fab! xxx

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Love it Jackie hugs Aly xx

Anjie said...

Brill make, so effective!
Hugs
Anj
xx

Julie Reed said...

Fantastic Jackie, so effective and beautifully made x

What I Created Next said...

Wowweeeeeee. Absolutely perfect. Well done on a fabulous make xxx

Fikreta said...

Wow#
Fiki This is gorgeous!

GalFridayStamping said...

How creative Jacki! Love it. ❤️

Anonymous said...

Wow, lurveee it, gorgeous colour combo :)

cotnob said...

Fabulous Christmas decorations Jacki, the tree looks fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator.
Pauline
x

Moni said...

Gorgeous!!!! Love it.

Lori Turner said...

Wow! This is so pretty, Jacki! I could see a batch of these on a mantle! Gorgeous! xoxoox