Followers

Sunday 26 July 2015

Bridal beauty

Good evening fellow crafters and friends, I hope you are all having a great weekend despite the horrid weather (unless you’re a hayfever sufferer then you will be pleased Amy included)


Things have been a little mad here with one thing and another I seem to be chasing my tail a lot (I don’t envy those pups that do it all day long phew) and I have been trying to get  this card done for a while now, I designed it a couple of weeks ago but just haven’t had the chance to put it together. And now it’s even harder to think of a title for this post, it seems to be getting harder each post to think of an original and fitting title (Hhhhhuummmpppppphhhhhh).Anyway the card is for the same wedding that I made a card for a few weeks ago which you can findHere
This one is for my in laws to send though as they have know the bride to be since she was about 17 or so anyways


Yesterday I was determined to do it no matter what I had chosen an image that didn’t need colouring but I felt could have the Jacki touch added to it and then I would wing it after that lol(0:
 



 




The card is just 8” square and the papers are from Bearly mine (sadly no longer going). Of course they were all distressed and then inked,  the plain papers with peacock feathers and the patterned with weathered wood DI. I used a paper take weekly sketch for the LO (although some of the papers are hidden by the image and bow)








The image was from vector and I decided it needed blinging up a tad so I got out my trusted fairy dust glitter and liquid pearls and sprinkled and dotted away I used stickles on the veil in stardust and let to dry. Once dried, I inked the edges with peacock feathers to match the papers.




Here is a close up of the dress




Before putting it all together I had to think about how I wanted to embellish it. Now you should all know me by now I love embellishing but I really wanted to keep the card plain(ish) in a way. I knew I wanted to add ribbon I did want to add lace and pearls but decided against it .So I got 2 lots of turquoise ribbon  attaching the ends to the back of the card then bringing then round the front and tying off into a lavish bow.






Now I have never done a bow like this before eeekkkkkk great time to start on a wedding card (well you know me (0: ) I think and hope it has turned out OK I’m relatively pleased with it, it just needed something to tidy up the knot so I added a square gem and that was it for the front.






For the insert I did the same as I do with most of my other inserts I took one of the papers from the front then used a white matt on top bringing the image through to tie it all together which for this instance I faded the edges to make it look soft and romantic (aaawwwww). Then added the verse and there you have it.






I hope you like it and I will see you soon (hopefully)but for now I’ll leave you with a list of challenges I would like to enter it into
Happy crafting xx





Challenges






3 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Yippeee, my friend is back with another fantastic creation, so it was well worth waiting for. Gorgeous colours, love the image and all the bling on the dress, so perfect in every way. The bow is just amazing.
Good luck with the challenges my friend.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxxx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Jacki! I love the soft blue tones and the dress looks stunning with the added glitter and pearl drops! So elegant and romantic! hugs :)

Unknown said...

Wow, this is a gorgeous wedding card, Jacki. I love all of the details, and your bow is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us at Crafting-With-Friends. We hope to see you again:)
~ Bonnie DT