Followers

Saturday 25 April 2015

The first dance

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all keeping well and best wishes to those that aren’t I hope you feel better soon.

Also a big HELLO to my new followers thank you so much for taking the time to find me and like what you see, I hope you become regulars as most will know Kettle is always on and cake is always welcome lol so tell your friends too.
Well the birthday cards seemed to be gratefully received Amy liked them so thank goodness for that Happy Birthday Missy have a great day whatever you are doing!!!


So with birthday card out of the way it was on to a wedding card I needed to make a friend of  phil’s is getting Married in a week or so and Phil had asked me a while back to make a card for him and his to be wife but with one thing and another I hadn’t had chance so this week after all of Amy’s cards were done and dusted I was determined to get it made.
It took a good couple of days to do this card as I had to do it in steps as there is a lot of glittering and embossing going on ,(Yayyyyyy I got all sparkly and so did Scruff!!!!) but I really enjoyed making it and all (most)of the embellishments, I will warn you there a  few pics but there is so much detail you need to see so please bear with me.





So on to the card it’s another 8x8” card base which I made using 2 sheets of A4 then making the base layer of paper and inch long to wrap around the back and hide seam. The papers are from Crafts U Print I just changed the colour of them distressed the edges and this time instead of inking I went around the edge of the papers with a gole metallic Pro marker, I then added glue around the edges of the darker paper and added chunky rainbow iridescent glitter, and left to dry for while. I also did the same to the insert papers at this time.




While the glitter was drying on the papers I made a start on my embellishments. The  beautiful butterflies and corner were sent to me by my dearest friend and blogging buddy Sandra (thank you darling You know I love them) she also sent me the foliage die cut piece to. The bird cages are cut from candle wraps and I think they look beautiful for a wedding card, all of the above where embossed with gold embossing powder then frantaged to death I used chunky white, shabby white, aged rose.
I also frantaged the studs on the lace I found a great mess free way of doing this too, They aren’t brads they are carpet nails and the nails you see in old fashioned leather chairs so they are very sturdy and solid so holding them with a pair of long handle tweezers I heated the nail with my heat gun for about a minute or so then dipped it into the frontage and instantly the frontage melted on the nail and it didn’t damage the rest of the frontage in the pot brilliant the you just have to wait for it to cool down.


Next was to make the pearl tulle embellishment I love making these they are so pretty I think, all you need are pearls pins and tulle. I will put a brief how to make the tuelle rosette at bottom of post for those that would like to know.


Now for the image this is another Mo Manning master piece which I have coloured using polychrome pencils then masking off the image stippling with stencil brushes some DI around the image then I added some frontage and heated carefully from the back. Again the edges have been distressed and then the gold pro marker added to add a bit of depth.



So by now everything should be cooled down and dried I can start putting it all together  adding lace and a lace and pearl strip across the horizontal pieces of paper then I added the embossed nails (I had cut the length down with some pliers)
I added the tulle rosette to bottom corner opposite to the embossed corner I made I then added the foliage and one of the butterflies to the top of the greeting adding flat backed pearls to it’s body  (the other was added to corner) I added a heart shape doily behind image and added the bird cages to the other side of greeting I also added flat back mini pearls to the bottom of one of these. Finally I added a couple of flat backed pearls to the greeting.



To complete the card of course it needs an insert and as it’s for a special occasion well we need a special insert, so instead of doing a digital layers piece I printed the papers separately so I could glitter the darker pieces, as I said I did this when I did the backing papers so by now they are nice and dry and can be layered but before doing this I added some colour to the bride and groom I had brought through in each bottom corner. And there you have it one complete wedding card


As always I will leave you with another look at the beautiful image and a list of challenges I would like to enter it in to


 http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG

http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ E/ Eye catching edges

http://creativecornerchallenges.blogspot.de/  wedding bells

http://simplypapercraftsforalloccassions.blogspot.co.uk/ ATG/ LOTS OF LAYERS

http://fabnfunkychallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Lace

http://partytimetuesdays.blogspot.ca/  ATG


To Make Rosette
Attach pearls to pin adding a small amount of glue leave to dry once dry cut off excess pin at bottom (pointy end) meanwhile take a length of tulle (this depends on how big you the ruffle)about an inch wide (you can trim after) and with a length of cotton do running stitch at one end all along the length then pull together gently as not to break cotton. When it has all been ruffled find the 2 end and attach together to form a circle then you can trim to size. Cut a small circle of card and glue the teardrop pins to this once place add a larger coloured pearl to centre leave to dry. While this is drying (drying time depends on what glue you use a glue gun will dry more quickly than usual wet glue for mine I always use pinflair)you can make the pins that go at the back again these are just long pins (for jewellery making and a variety of pearls) allow to dry


Have a wonderful weekend whatever you’re doing and I will see you soon

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jacki. Oh my goodness, look at this stunning creation, it is so beautiful, full of fantastic detail and textures too, SIMPLY AMAZING.
I love that image, just perfect, and IO am sure the Bride and Groom will adore it.
So wonderfully embellished, there is just so much to see and touch. You really do make the most SPECIAL OF CREATIONS my friend.
Good luck with the challenges, it surely must be a winner, it is in my eyes anyway.
Happy crafting.
Lots of love, Sandra xxx

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Jacki!! Such a romantic image and I just love all the extra things you included like the pearls and Frantage, what a beauty! hugs :)

AO Creations said...

Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercraft, good luck!!! Amy DT

Basslady said...

what a masterpiece of a card!


thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenge!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is such a romantic card! Love how you put the card together! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! - Esther

Pat K said...

Very beautiful wedding card. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky this week. hugs, Pat k x

cass said...

Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week for our "Anything Goes" challenge

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful wedding card Jacki - your details are so lovely and the inside is gorgeous too - hope you had a lovely weekend - Michelle x

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

Just GORGEOUS! All the pearls and other embellies and details - stunning. Fantastic work. Thanks for joining us at Simply Papercraft this time around!
Jennifer, DT

Cazro said...

A stunning card, took my breath away, fabulous edges for our challenge. Wow! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Janie Printz said...

Simply GORGEOUS !!! Love all the wonderful textures & embellishements... Your coloring is beautiful & this creation is sure to please the happy couple. LOVE IT !!!
Janie